[midgard-dev] developing the new m-p.org?

Alexey Zakhlestin indeyets at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 08:28:30 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Henri Bergius <henri.bergius at iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Alexey Zakhlestin <indeyets at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Main page:
>> 1. short introduction on main page
>> 2. links to github/mailing-lists/irc
>> 3. link to "Installation" page
>
> The main problem is that there is no single "Midgard" to have a site
> for. We have Midgard the community/project, and then we have multiple
> products, like "Midgard2", "MidgardCR", "MidCOM", "Midgard MVC" etc.
>
> I was thinking of going extremely simplistic, a bit like for example
> the Vows testing framework does with their site: http://vowsjs.org/
>
> So we would have one website, with:
>
> A front page for the project. Lists the "products" we have and has
> some sort of generic project manifesto on what we're really about.
> Maybe the products could be listed on the front page placed into
> appropriate boxes of the "stack"?
> http://bergie.iki.fi/static/1/1e03f6a6cfe27003f6a11e0a60db5207a8570387038_cms-decoupled-approach.png
>
> Then a "big page" for each product. Here we should focus on the new
> stuff first, as those are most severely impacted by our crappy web
> presence.
>
> A product page should contain:
> * Short abstract of the product, what it is for
> * Download instructions
> * Github link
> * Usage examples/documentation

I remember, that it was your plan.
I proposed simpler scenario, so that it could be implemented in one
day. Your proposal requires more content.

We can start with extremely simple setup and gradually improve it.
it's better to have something, than nothing

--
Alexey Zakhlestin, http://twitter.com/jimi_dini
http://www.milkfarmsoft.com/